Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chapter 1 - One Hell of a night

I stand alone on a dark city street leaning against the wall of the local drinkery. Rain falls hard around me. The streets are dimly lit by two or three street lights and signs of buildings. Only the light from the tip of my cigarette lights my face under my hood. people walk by ideally as I stared from under my hood with pure disgust for this Hell we call home. the air is brisk for it was mid October. there was a homeless man at the other end of the street. I could feel his pain. I knew what it was like to live in the street. suddenly My phone rang in my pocket. The caller I.D. read "Meg"....great. I opened the phone "Hello?" "Were the Hell are you?!" Meg yelled back through the phone. "I'm at The Sud Shack." I replied. "What the fuck Markass?!" she yelled back,"are you drinking again?" I was silent for a moment,"What if I am?" She took a deep breath "Markass, what am I gonna do with you?" I replied with "Love me,put up with my bullshit,and don't complain." There was a short pause before she said,"Look, Just go home sober up and get some sleep." I couldn't argue with that. I haven't slept seance...I don't remember when. I threw my half smoked cigarette on the ground,the water from the rain extinguished it. My apartment was only few blocks away so it was a short walk.



I opened the door of my one room apartment, that I can still barley afford. The hole place was dark and depressing. I flicked on the light. to my right was an old beat up couch, in front of it was my piece of shit T.V. Around the right corner was the hall to my room and the can. To the left was the kitchen..I hardly use it. Hell, I hardly eat. The whole room smelled of booze and tobacco but I didn't care. The floor was bage and covered in stains,and burns. I had no idea how tired I was until I saw my bed. When I did my body felt week and fatigued. I fell on the mattress and drifted to sleep.

The sun pierced my brain like knives through my eyes. I sat up and my head throbbed like a war was inside of it. I tried to open my eyes but the light was to bright. I knew what this was...a hangover. the only thing going through my mind was"Fuck,my head hurts!" I made my way into the bathroom. Smelled like shit. I opened the medicine cabinet and retrieved my hangover pills. went to the kitchen and got a glass of much needed water. I opened my eyes and noticed I was still wearing my soaked clothing from last night. "Son of a bitch" I said aloud. Then a mind piercing ring broke the silence,my phone. I looked at the caller I.D. Meg...great. I opened the phone "Hello?"
"How you fell?"
"Not good I got a hangover from Hell."
"That's what you get."
"Did you call just to lecture me?"
"No, I want you meet me at the cafe on 31st."
I took a deep breath "OK what time?"
"Now."
"Shit,OK lemme get dressed"
and hung up the phone. Great I had a screaming hang over and I gotta meet up with this chick. Oh,well I had no other choice. I got dressed and made my way there.
To be continued...

1 comment: