Monday, June 28, 2010

Chapter 4 - Dream On

I made it to Megs house, which was just a town home apartment. I took a key from her pocket, thank God it was the right one. I opened the door walked into the living room and laid her on the couch. I shut the door and turned on the light. The room was small, the couch was to my right against the wall. In front of it was a plasma screen T.V. The stairs were to my immediate right, going to the second floor. in the back of the room was the kitchen, separated from the living room by waist high cabinets. there was a small coffee table in the center of the room, on it were a few floral decorations. The whole place was white and bauge. bauge walls white carpet, bauge counters with white tops, you get the idea.

I ran upstairs to the bathroom, and retrieved a small cloth, and peroxide. Meg was laying on the couch very still I was wondering if she was conscious. I ran to her side and looked at her eyes. Deep hazel looking in them I could see she was in pain, they were full of tears. I poured a little peroxide on the cloth and put it to her for head. She made a face like it hurt her. "It's OK, it's OK calm down." I said in a soft voice before I knew what I was saying. She looked in my eyes, "Your bleeding." she said in a soft but alert voice. "I'm fine." I replied I didn't even feel the pain, but I could feel blood on my face. I dressed her wounds and sat on the floor. That mans eyes still pierced my soul. Those red eyes under that black hood....good God. before I knew it, I was asleep.

I was standing on a dark city street. I was alone the place looked abandoned but somehow familiar. There was a single light burning down the road, a dark figure was standing alone under the light. I don't know why, but I walked towards it. As I approached I saw it was the man I saw on the road that night. His hood was up but I could feel those red eyes on me. He was smoking a cigarette. I walked up to him and just stood there. He through the half smoked cigarette on the pavement and stomped on it. He looked up at me, I still couldn't see his face but, could feel his eyes. He spoke in a calm but serious tone, "So...you've seen the truth?" I was confused, "What?" I responded. He sighed "You've seen how things really are, what really hides in the dark?" I remembered what I saw on the street that night "Yeah" I said "I guess I did." He lit another cigarette, "Then your already dead." I was in total shock not by the words but how he said them, like he'd seen this happen before and was sure of an early death for me. "What about you how long have you known the truth, huh? You're still alive!" as soon a I said that I knew I messed up, he was mad now, "My fate is sealed! I have already died once! I'll die again before my journey ends!" OK, now I was freaked out already died once? What the fuck!? He reached behind him and drew his sword. The katana glowed with evil energy. he swiped the sword across my face amd I woke covered in cold sweat...

No comments:

Post a Comment