Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chapter 2 - hung over

I headed down 31st street, walking like I had a hundred pound weight on each leg. I felt like shit probably looked and smelled like it to. The brisk October air chilled my skin and the wind whipped my hair. The street was still damp from last night's down pour. Tall buildings all around and people walking by like normal. I tried as hard as I could to ignore the people staring at me as they went by. I hate people that do that. Still this day was as normal as any other so far. I drew a cigarette put it to my lips and lit it.



As I approached the watering hole I spotted Meg instantly. she was sitting at a small table for two. She was wearing a black hoody with an Urban design on it,dark blue jeans and white shoes. Her long dark heir was being tossed in the wind in front of her face. To put it simple she looked rather beautiful in the fall environment. the place was alive filled with people writing, typing, talking,whatever. The building was small and brown with two large windows on ether side of the door. the name of the establishment was Felipe's yea a strange name, but they had good joe.



I sat at the table across from Meg "Hi" was all I could say. "Hay!" she said in a cheery voice. "OK, your in a good mood, wassup?" she looked up from her coffee at me "Thought you could use some time outta that house." she said looking concerned. She was right that place was killing me and quick. "What you got on your mind?" I asked and then realised that was a bad question. She shot me an evil smile "We're gonna go have some fun!" What the Hell have I gotten myself into. Was all I could think. I knew we where gonna 'have fun' no mater what I said, or did, or how loud I screamed(you'd have to know Meg as well as I did) My head still hurt like Hell but I had no choice. I was gonna do what she wanted me to do and nothing else. I needed to get out of the house any way. "OK, what's on your mind?" I asked again she paused for a moment then grabbed her car keys "you'll see" She just had that look on her face that said...I have on idea how to describe it.



We where in the car heading through the city at a zooming four miles per hour. Traffic was Hell and I was still hung over so the roar of the Mustangs V8 engine didn't help at all. She was going on about how kick-ass this day was gonna be and I was drifting into sleep. Suddenly there was a sharp pain in my gut.My eyes opened wide air poured from my lungs and my heart rate jumped as adrenalin dumped into my blood. I leaned forward and was alert awake and ready to fight. I looked down to the familiar fist in my gut. Meg nailed me good and I think I bout pissed my pants from the shock of being woke up "Damnit Meg!" I yelled. All she did was laugh. "Where the Hell are we?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment